Manage and implement NAFSA email marketing programs; Track and optimize digital marketing; Schedule and route over 2,000 organizational emails; co- Lead development of promotional video assets; Support relationships with digital and video vendors; provide general project management support to the marketing and creative services units.
NAFSA: Association of International Educators is the premier international education association in the United States. Its 10,000 members come from the 50 states and 150 other countries. The association is led by a Board of Directors from its membership that follows a strategic plan to determine priorities. A number of groups of member leaders implement programs and services, with the help of the Washington, DC-based staff.
Manage a multi-layered email program that serves several domains and departments within NAFSA. Schedule and monitor the impact of all email marketing efforts and provide project management for digital marketing and creative efforts. The Senior Coordinator insures the timely distribution and analysis of impact of digital promotional campaigns. This position works closely with internal NAFSA stakeholders as well external vendors and requires attention to detail including the ability to maintain schedules for multiple on-going projects. The position must be able to negotiate communications upgrades and edits with multiple stakeholders and numerous marketing and organization-wide campaigns that occur on a coincident basis. This individual must able to communicate expectations and timelines for projects. This individual will be responsible for contract management with digital vendors and additional vendors assigned by the Director of Marketing Services and Production or the Senior Director of Marketing.
Key Functions and Responsibilities:
- Manage email marketing programs and campaigns with strategies and plans developed by the Marketing Department or other departments within NAFSA and to ensure that project deadlines are met.
- Manage promotional activities with internal production, Technology Solutions/Support departments as well as external vendors as necessary.
- Coordinate production reviews and approvals with internal clients, following established guidelines for NAFSA style and brand.
- Monitor vendor budgets and contractors to ensure expenditures remain within budget parameters.
- Collect, review, prepare, and analyze statistical tracking reports on individual promotion efforts and report results against plan objectives. Maintain current and historical comparative data, competitive analysis and provides management reports as assigned.
- Manage the schedule and production of HTML e-mail campaigns using Informz for the design, transmission, and front-end tracking of campaign activity.
- Conduct list research, acquire lists, and request and pull appropriate lists from NAFSA iMIS database.
- Implement best-practice email marketing testing and test schema designs to elevate and optimize performance results.
- Support development of video production for annual conference and promotional videos working with marketing staff.
- Support annual conference and small event on-site marketing needs.
- Conduct training and provide consultation for staff regarding email marketing communications and video promotion development.
- Assist with other marketing and organizational advancement duties as assigned.
Scope of Supervision:
The Senior Coordinator does not supervise staff.
The Senior Coordinator / Manager has considerable contact with other members of the NAFSA staff especially within the Marketing and Strategic Communications departments. S/he also works with external vendors. Excellent communications skills and a high degree of professionalism and responsiveness are required as are attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects on time and within budget. A proven effectiveness in working with designers, copywriters, printers, mail-houses, and list brokers are requirements.
The NAFSA workday is 9-5; during the summer, it is 8:30-5:30 M-Th, and 9:00-12:00 on Friday. Travel is required occasionally, especially during peak training periods in October/November and February-April. Participation in the NAFSA annual conference the week of Memorial Day, including the holiday itself, as well as the ability to work occasional weekends and evenings in order to support meetings, and travel occasionally are all job requirements.