The Coordinator’s primary responsibilities in marketing and communications will be to promote a positive public image among Orchard’s various audiences in order to facilitate Orchard’s efforts to meet enrollment and fundraising targets. This position will also collaborate with others in the organization to achieve brand consistency, coordination of messages, and the highest standards for external communications. This position is responsible for coordinating organization-wide design, message, and content generation, including electronic and print communications. One of the most crucial tasks of the coordinator will be the creation and ongoing management of an organization-wide communications calendar. The coordinator is also responsible for creating and managing budgets related to publications and communications.
- Promote The Orchard School identity and key programs by developing media strategies and establishing/maintaining proactive contact with media reps
- Manage creation, production, and dissemination of printed publications for education, development, and administration purposes
- Design/write press releases, articles; promote story ideas in broadcast media; coordinate advertising contracts and oversee design/layout work
- Collaborate with the admissions and development departments to develop an annual marketing plan; coordinate production schedules to ensure publications and media deadlines are met
- Support the development and execution of identity and collateral materials for major organizational initiatives
- Collaboratively manage and coordinate creation and update of web-content; responsible for content-related protocols to keep website up-to-date
- Work with technology and education staffs to ensure ongoing improvement of website, including phased updates and redesigns
- Update and maintain the school’s website to articulate the value proposition of the Orchard experience to the broader community
- Manage e-communications for donors and general public
- Actively monitor Orchard’s online reputation
- Serve as the school’s lead photographer and videographer to document and share the activities of the school, both during the official school day and at evening and weekend events
- Cultivate the engagement of all constituent groups through an active presence on social media
- Conduct media relations program for selected events or activities
- Pitch the local and national media to secure media placement
- Maintain media archives
- Coordinate the evaluation of potential external partnership opportunities
- As needed, perform additional tasks to support the effective operation of The Orchard School
- Bachelor’s degree in related field w/3+ years of experience
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to produce deliverables that are free of errors
- Previous non-profit experience is strongly desired
Candidates should apply by sending a resume and a cover letter expressing interest to email@example.com. Viable candidates must provide both. Please place “Marketing Coordinator” in the subject line of the email.
The Orchard School values our employees and offers a total compensation package designed to attract and retain talented individuals who make our school successful. Benefits include:
- Generous Retirement Savings Plan with match
- 25 vacation days
- 11 paid personal days
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid Life Insurance
- Health and dental insurance
- Paid Long and short term disability
- Tuition remission
- Other benefits
The Orchard School
Founded in 1922, Orchard is an independent, non-sectarian, progressive school for 600 students in preschool through the 8th grade. Orchard is committed to advance each student’s academic success, self-confidence, open-mindedness, ethical character, leadership, and love of learning. Located in north Indianapolis on a 43-acre wooded campus with a state-of-the-art facility, Orchard promises academic excellence through a well-rounded education, engaging the natural curiosity of students in an active, child-centered, and experiential learning environment.
Orchard values diversity and seeks talented students, faculty and staff from diverse backgrounds. Orchard does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religion or national origin in the administration of its admission, tuition assistance, or employment determination.
The Orchard School is a member of the National Association of Independent Schools and is accredited by the Independent Schools Association of the Central States.
For more information about The Orchard School, please visit: www.orchard.org