You’re creative and like to have fun on the job doing what you love. Who doesn’t? If you think you can promote concerts, parties, parks AND want to get paid to play then check out Grandview Parks & Recreation.
We’re looking for a highly-motivated marketing and technology coordinator who can drop some serious Google Analytics knowledge one minute; then design, create and execute an effective marketing campaign the next.
Continue your creative career in a position where you’ll have the creative freedom to make the job your own. This position reports to the Facility Development and Projects Manager.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Plans, creates, executes and tracks digital and print marketing campaigns.
- Write content and keep departmental messaging visible through regular updating of blogs, print collateral, social media campaigns, etc.
- Responsible for the design, ordering, publishing/production, inventory monitoring, updating, etc. of both printed and digital collateral and promotional items.
- Maintain advertising and promotional calendar and implement campaigns as planned. Keep all programs up-to-date and all relevant parties informed.
- Includes the maintenance and monitoring of website(s), social media accounts, press releases, and internal/external calendars.
- Collaborate with team to define project requirements and translate them into relevant communications.
- Initiate new marketing campaigns and programs and plan the resources needed, expenditures, personnel and implementation.
- Gather tracking metrics for regular reporting to management of email campaigns, social media efforts, web leads, training sessions, etc.
- Manages and coordinates marketing of department.
- Prepares and maintains Parks and Recreation display and information boards.
- Prepares and maintains department website and coordinates information dissemination to public across all divisions within department.
- Assists with departmental special events and programs,
- Answers telephone, routes calls, takes and relays messages.
- Acts as Parks and Recreation Department liaison for City website.
- Acts as customer service representative, as needed.
Minimum Training and Experience Required to Perform Essential Job Functions
Degree in marketing, communications, business administration, or a closely related field. Hands-on experience with Adobe Creative Suite, particularly InDesign. Illustrator, Photoshop and video editing experience a plus, Basic HTML coding knowledge, Graphic design experience preferred. Exceptional interpersonal, oral and writing skills and the ability to interact positively with a diverse population. Experience working in the field of Parks and Recreation preferred but not required.
Physical and Mental Abilities Required to Perform Essential Job Functions
Language Ability and Interpersonal Communication
- Requires the ability to process, calculate, compute, summate, and/or tabulate data and/or information. Includes the ability to perform subsequent action in relation to these computational operations.
- Requires the ability to explain, demonstrate and clarify to others within well-established policies, procedures and standards. Ability to follow specific instructions and respond to simple requests from others.
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively with diverse population that includes customers, vendors and City personnel.
- Requires the ability to perform simple addition, subtraction, multiplication and division; calculate percentages, and decimals.
- Requires the ability to learn and apply formulas using database software and spreadsheets.
Judgment and Situational Reasoning Ability
- Requires the ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Involves semi-routine standardized work, with some latitude for independent judgment regarding choices of action.
- Requires the ability to exercise the judgment, decisiveness and creativity required in situations involving the evaluation of information against measurable or verifiable criteria.
- Requires the ability to operate standard office equipment, machinery and tools such as computer terminal, typewriter, calculator and/or materials used in performing essential functions.
- Requires the ability to hear, speak, and coordinate eyes, hands, fingers, feet and limbs in performing movements requiring moderate skill, such as typing. Tasks may involve extended periods at a keyboard, telephone or workstation.
- Tasks involve the ability to exert light physical effort in sedentary to light work, but may involve some standing, walking, climbing, stooping, lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling of objects weighing forty pounds.
- Requires the ability to recognize and identify individual characteristics of shapes and sounds, associated with job-related objects, materials and tasks.
- Work is normally performed in an office environment under generally safe and comfortable conditions. May on occasion be exposed to extreme temperatures, humidity, disease, violence, and loud noises.
The City of Grandview is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
SALARY/PAY RANGE: $13.82 - $19.74 per hour. 40 hour work week. Starting salary is based upon qualifications.
BENEFITS: Full City of Grandview Benefits
HOW TO APPLY: Send cover letter and resume to one of the following (please note position title applying for):
In Person: City Hall, 1200 Main Street, Grandview, MO 64030
In Person: View Community Center, 13500 Byars, Grandview, MO 64030
CLOSING DATE: April 11, 2017
The City of Grandview is an Equal Opportunity Employer.