Connelly School of the Holy Child is a Catholic, college preparatory school, committed to the intellectual, spiritual, artistic, physical and social development of young women in grades 6 through 12. The School emphasizes academic challenge, joy of learning and education of well-rounded women of faith and action. The Holy Child community welcomes students and families of different faiths and diverse backgrounds. In keeping with the philosophy of our founder Cornelia Connelly, Holy Child values the uniqueness of each individual and fosters a life of service to others.
The Director of Communications, Marketing, and Public Relations will guide the strategy for all communications, marketing and public relations priorities to consistently articulate Connelly’s School of the Holy Child mission. The Director of Communications, Marketing, and Public Relations will work closely with a senior peer group within the organization as the communications partner on a variety of strategic initiatives. This position provides leadership to propose, articulate, and implement a cohesive master plan for communication, marketing, and public relations that will be shared by all Holy Child departments.
- Developing Holy Child’s strategic communications, branding and marketing plans;
- Communicating and reinforce brand identity and messaging throughout the school community;
- Managing the implementation and evaluation of all marketing and communication efforts, including print materials, website, e-mail communication, press releases, social media, and advertising (digital, print, radio);
- Managing contractors who produce collateral and advertising;
- Overseeing the production of ongoing marketing materials such as the weekly Happenings newsletter and the annual Connelly Contact;
- Reporting strategic plans and evaluation of marketing/communication efforts to relevant constituents;
- Maintaining and provide content for the Holy Child website and social media platforms;
- Monitoring the impact of communications by analyzing website, social media and survey metrics;
- Working closely with the academic, admissions, development and student life teams;
- Working with local and national media outlets to position Holy Child;
- Acting as public spokesperson when appropriate;
- Supervising and lead department staff members;
- Managing the department budget;
- Performing other duties, as assigned.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- A clear knowledge of the principles of integrated marketing and communications
- Writer, editor and proofreader with the ability to identify and generate creative story ideas
- Flexible problem solver with ability to work with a variety of people and personality types
- Ability to fully engage with the mission and happenings of the school community
- Commitment to innovation and professional development
- Self-confident, enthusiastic, and collaborative professional
- Detail and solution oriented
- Passion for working in an all-girls learning community
- Experience with comprehensive constituent database systems
- Experience with Basecamp for project organization Office 365 and Google Drive; Wordpress (as a user) and MailChimp
- Ability to work on deadline in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in interfacing with outside designers, developers and printers
Required Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree required with at least five years’ experience in a relevant area of communications, marketing, public relations, or institutional advancement, preferably in an independent or non-profit setting. Experience with a capital fundraising campaign preferred. Master’s degree a plus.
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to Nora Fitzpatrick at email@example.com.